We are currently seeking the following at our Corporate Headquarters in Birmingham, AL:
IT Network Administrator
The Network Administrator is responsible for WAN/LAN best practices, network security, and backup operations for disaster recovery. This includes installation, repair, patching, and upgrading company IT equipment. Duties include but are not limited to the duties outlined below:
Responsible for monitoring, managing, and updating server environment for all Truckworx’s servers virtual and physical.
- Assist in design and implementation of hardware and software for user workstations, servers, storage networks, routers, and switches.
- Provide support to both internal (Level 1 and 2) IT staff and external end users at all Locations.
- Strong experience maintaining Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP. (VMWare, SANs, and MS Exchange a plus)
- Strong experience with servers, routers, firewalls, and network appliances (Cisco a plus)
- Maintain availability to all network resources by user access provisioning, security patching, and antivirus management.
- Ability to work well in stressful situations.
- Ability to be on call on a rotating basis during extended business hours.
- Possess excellent organizational planning, time management, and communication skills.
- Principles, practices, methods, and techniques used in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of systems, networks, and applications.
- Wireless networking technology including access and security.
- Make recommendations in information system selection and software application packages.
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in computer science, information systems, business or other related fields or a Technical Associates Degree. Additional related experience may substitute for education.
- 3-4 years of responsible experience maintaining network and computer equipment in a multiple location environment.
- Possession of professional certifications such as A+, MCSE, MCSE/I, any CISCO certification or comparable certifications may be used in lieu of education requirements.
- Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time, with occasional stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and twisting.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight.
- Travel as needed, up to 25%
- BCBS Health – Employee contribution decreases with tenure
- Dental and Vision
- Accident, Critical Illness, Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off Plan
We have a family-friendly environment with a business casual dress code.
Drug Testing is required.
Apply For This Job